Volunteers are needed to assist with various projects throughout the year.
- We need a person in every church who is willing to be our “voice”. We’ll keep you posted on happenings, prayer requests, or needs via email or phone. We’ll also supply you with materials to distribute or share with your congregation.
- Peer-advocates are needed to meet and talk with our clients. You will receive 21 hours of training before being allowed to interact with them. Peer-counselors usually commit to volunteering one day per week for a set period of time (2 hours or more).
- Our Maternity/Baby Boutique “Lily’s Closet” is in need of helpers who are willing to sort, clean, and organize the clothes and baby items that we receive.
- Newsletter Volunteers are needed to help us prepare our quarterly mailing. This job will require about 3 hours or so per quarter to help us fold, stuff, and label bulk mailings.
- Event Planning Committee members are needed to assist our Event Planning team with the planning and preparations for events like our Run for Life. The committee usually meets for lunch once a month to plan from January until June.
- Sexual Risk Avoidance team members – There is a tremendous need to reach young people in Alexander County with the message of sexual integrity. We are working to put together a team who will help teach our Sexual Integrity program in churches, youth groups, adult groups and schools.
- Tech team is needed to assist us in using technology to promote the ministry, reach youth, and keep our website/facebook current.
- Post-abortion ministry– Volunteers are needed to assist in teaching our “Forgiven and Set Free” program to women and men who have experienced an abortion. Training is required.
- Loss ministry– Volunteers are needed to assist with ministering to those clients/families who experience a miscarriage or infant loss.